Beginning of my final year in NTU
Time flies-by when you don't pay attention to it, and unknowingly, school starts again, going on to my final year in NTU now.
Due to the Youth Olympic Games event, school started 3 weeks later than the usual years, and exams now ends in December just a day or so before Christmas. Probably we can celebrate christmas with end-of-exams celebration together!
After renovating the hostels, hostel applications seems to be on an even higher demand than previous years. One of the factors affecting the minimum entry point is the number of applicants (demand and supply factor), and this causes the calculation of entry point for the year to shoot all the way up to a record high 17 points, highest in all years. I've been looking at the trend in entry points, and each year it increases (Yr 2: 12pt, yr 3: 14pt), but never did I, nor any of my friends, expect it to go all the way up to 17. Thus many of us were unable to secure a place in the hostel. It was a total dissapointing news for all of us when that rejection email was sent to us. Now, for the first time in my NTU life, I will have to trouble myself and get used to the early morning wakeup and squeezing with all those fellow communters just to go for school lectures and tutorials.
Once again, at every beginning of the semester, trouble over choosing of subjects starts all over during the add/drop period for all students. I used to be troubled over my non-science electives, but now, I have to be troubled even by my 'core' subjects too as they are classified as compulsory prescribed electives, meaning that I have to choose any 4 SBS subjects to study. As I have no preference for any of those subjects listed, choosing 4 is a headache. I have to take into consideration of whether I like the subject or not, exam dates and the day of the lectures (coz I don't want to travel to school everyday just for that stupid 1 or 2 hours of lec!!!). Worst is that the website doesn't give much information about each of the subjects, and so I'll have to sit in in every lecture for this and next week to decide which subjects I really want to take for the rest of the semester. Such a troublesome task to do!
Scribbled by: Pooi Leng @Monday, August 30, 2010