My first tour in Aussie!
Today's my very first tour around Australia is a bus trip around Cottlesloe and Frementle provided by Tommy More College on Tuesday (9/2)! It was a fantastic sight-seeing tour, being able to admire the sceneries all the way from Tommy More to Frementle as we 'zoom' past it in our bus. Everything is just so different from Singapore - spacious area with big vintage houses everywhere, dessert-like flora growing around etc.
Our first pit stop for the bus trip was Kings Park Botanic Garden. It was way up in the hill and the view looking over the river and the city was absolutely breathe taking. The view was so much better than the photos taken by me.




After a few minutes of walk around the botanic garden, we went to Frementle for our first ever Fish 'n' Chip lunch! The amazing thing is that all the fish n chip restaurants are located beside the sea! Giving a little more Oompp (feeling) to the lunch - Enjoying the sea breeze with the peaceful, calming effect of the water while munching on the fresh and crispy fish'n'chip.
Seagulls were everywhere eyeing on your food the moment you leave it unattended. Fortunately, people over here are so much more civilised than Singaporeans. They would wrap up their food and throw it away the moment they finish it, leaving no bits of food for the seagulls. Otherwise, I think the seagulls will be populating the area like mad (just like those irritating crows back in Singapore).
One interesting thing I found about eating fish'n'chip over here is that they don't dip their fishes and chips in tomato/chilli sauce, they 'sauce' their food with vinegar and salt ... and I like it too! I'm definitely going back for more vinegar fish 'n' chip!





I just LURVE these 2 photos of the ship and the sea... their colour combination was fantastic and it made me feel like a professional photographer! :) (This is the best photo I've ever taken!!!)
Next up, we were brought to some war memorial park in Frementle... Nothing much to see except for some statues etc.



Unfortunately, we did not have time to stop over at Cottlesloe beach. The beach looks nice with clear blue sea that makes me, a non-beach person, to even want to step on it, play with the sand and get tanned. Hope someday I'll be able to go to the beach and have some fun.
Scribbled by: Pooi Leng @Tuesday, February 09, 2010